About the LAU Directory
By default, the directory contains only information that is relevant to university business, such as job titles and email addresses. Additional information is included at each faculty/staff member’s discretion.
How can I update my information?
As of April 2012, it is no longer possible for users to update their own data. If you have any concerns in this regard, kindly write to email@example.com.
Searching the directory
Searching for a particular person:
- To search for a person by name, enter at least the first three letters of either the first or last name (or both) in the appropriate fields. Our database system does not allow searches with fewer than three letters or spaces.
- If it’s a very common name, you can narrow down your search by specifying a status (faculty, staff or any). Choose your options by using the radio buttons.
Finding a department’s general email address:
- They are listed in the departmental email addresses page.
Searching by username:
- If you know a person’s LAU email address, you can enter the part of the address that precedes “@” in the username box to locate that person. You must enter the full username (partial searches will give no results).
Who maintains the directory?
This service is maintained by various parties:
- The IT Infrastructure and Support department operates the central LDAP database.
- The Human Resources offices regularly provide IT with updates for the following fields for faculty and staff entries: name, department, job title, campus and status. To report a mistake in any of these fields, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Marketing and Communications department manages the interface of the directory (i.e. how it looks and how it works). If you’re getting any errors when using the directory, or if you have any questions or comments about it, please use the feedback form, or write to email@example.com.